Smoked salmon and eggs are both great breakfast foods. Put them together and they’re even better. I like to dress this dish up a bit with fresh dill — dill and salmon are a natural pairing — and fresh sweet corn, for crunch. If you’re feeling frisky, or just so happen to have crème fraîche on hand (just saying), dab a bit on top. This recipe makes 4 servings.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup supersweet corn kernels (from about half a cob)
- 4 oz smoked salmon, cut into strips
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Chopped fresh dill, for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Pour in the eggs and begin to scramble them, gently pushing the eggs around the pan with a spatula, for about 1 minute.
- Once the eggs are partially cooked, add the corn. Cook for 1 to 2 more minutes until the eggs are nearly done and then fold in the smoked salmon and tomatoes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the residual heat to warm the salmon and tomatoes through. Sprinkle the dill on top (if desired) and serve.
Recipe copyright © 2016 by Ayesha Curry