Terms and Conditions
Viking Cookware Set Giveaway
By entering this giveaway contest (“Contest”), you are providing information to Clipper Corporation headquartered at 21124 Figueroa Street, Carson, CA 90745 with a telephone number of (310) 533-8585 (the “Sponsor”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The Giveaway: Sponsor will give the winner one (1) Viking 10-piece Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set having an approximate retail value of $499.00 (the “Giveaway”). Any and all costs associated with the Giveaway that not expressly stated above are the sole responsibility of the Giveaway winner. Any unclaimed prize will be forfeited by the Giveaway winner and will remain the property of Sponsor. The Giveaway is non-transferable and non-assignable. No Giveaway substitution is allowed. In no case will more than the stated number of Giveaways be awarded. Once an entrant has won a Giveaway, that entrant is not eligible to win another Giveaway in a subsequent drawing. If required, the applicable Giveaway will be reported to the IRS in accordance with applicable law. Facebook, Inc., including both Facebook and Instagram platforms (collectively, “Facebook”), is hosting the Giveaway and registration to win the Giveaway will be through Facebook.
Who May Enter: The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years or older with Internet access at time of entry. This promotion is void in Puerto Rico and where otherwise prohibited by law. Only entrants logging onto the Internet from within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia are eligible to enter the Contest. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Contest: (a) Sponsor’s employees, its affiliates or subsidiaries, (b) employees of any organizations directly involved with this Contest, (c) immediate family members and persons living in the same household as the persons identified in (a) or (b) above.
How To Enter:
To be eligible to win the Giveaway, you must submit an entry using the online form; fulfill all requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as specified, to be eligible to win the Giveaway; and provide all the information requested in the online form. Entries that are incomplete or entries that do not adhere to these Official Rules (the “Rules”) may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. You must provide the information requested on the online entry form to be deemed entered to win the Giveaway. You are limited to one entry per person. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, illegible, or misdirected entries due to any reason. Entries submitted using any kind of bot or automated technology will be deleted.
Duration of Contest: Entries will be accepted online starting on September 29th, 2020 and ending October __, 2020. All entries must be received by October 29th, 2020 at 5:00 PM PST.
Random Drawing: There will be one winner of the Giveaway. A random drawing will take place on or about October , 29th 2020 from all eligible entries received, and the winner will be notified by October 29th, 2020 via the e-mail address supplied on your online entry form. All decisions of the Sponsor are final. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The Giveaway is nontransferable. Any and all Giveaway-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of winner. Acceptance of the Giveaway constitutes permission for Sponsor to use the winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Odds of Winning: The Giveaway is non-transferable, has no monetary value, and cannot be redeemed for cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of the Giveaway or any prizes awarded. The odds of winning depend upon the number of valid entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternative giveaway or prize of equal or greater value.
Claiming the Giveaway: All properly claimed Giveaway(s) will be awarded. By accepting the Giveaway, the winner consents to Sponsor’s use of their name, photograph and/or likeness, address, voice, and statements made by or attributed to them in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed for all business purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Rules, the phrase “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor shall have no liability for winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within thirty (30) calendar days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner selected. Receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Miscellaneous Terms & Conditions: The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Entering the Contest constitutes permission for Sponsor to use the entrant’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.Sponsor reserves the right to make rule changes and change the aforementioned Contest dates.
Right to Cancel Contest: Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
Facebook: The Contest is sponsored by Sponsor and hosted on Facebook and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering into this Contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against Facebook, and their respective parents, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
Viking: The Giveaway is sponsored and purchased by Sponsor. VIKING® is a registered trademark of Viking Range, LLC.
Disputes, Releases, and Waivers/Limitations of Liability:
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor which shall be binding and final; (b) to waive any rights to a claim of ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules, disclosures, or advertising materials; (c) to WAIVE ALL OF HIS/HER RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM, ACTION, OR PROCEEDING IN ANY FEDERAL OR STATE COURT OF LAW AND TO A JURY TRIAL AGAINST SPONSOR OR THE RELEASEES IDENTIFIED BELOW IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST; (d) to forever and irrevocably release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Mediaplanet, Sponsor and their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”), from any liability, known or unknown, (including, but not limited to, liability for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, right of publicity or infringement or violation of any intellectual property or other rights, any property loss, damage, personal injury, bodily injury, death, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity); and (e) to WAIVE, AND DOES HEREBY WAIVE, ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (EVEN IF THE RELEASEES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES), COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) THAT MAY ARISE in connection with: (i) the Contest, including, but not limited to, any contest-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entry, participation or inability to participate in the contest, (ii) the violation of any third party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (iii) typographical errors or inconsistencies in these Official Rules and/or any Contest promotional materials, (iv) acceptance, attendance at, participation in, possession, travel related to, defects in, delivery of, use, misuse or inability to use any prize (or any component thereof), (v) any change in the prize (or any components thereof) due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, (vi) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Releasees, or any of their agents or employees, (vii) a lost, late, stolen or misdirected prize (or any element thereof), or (viii) the collection, use and/or sharing of entrant’s personally identifiable information by Sponsor, Mediaplanet, and their respective designees. Winner assumes all liability for any injury, theft, personal injury, death, illness, accident or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of prize, including those associated with travel to redeem the prize. Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Releasees from and against any and all liability and damages. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and that the Sponsor’s decisions which are final and binding. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials or promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. The Sponsors or promotional entities identified herein are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize winner.
NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION/CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Dispute Resolution: Any disputes, claims, causes of action, judgments or awards related to the Contest, arising out of or connected in any way with the Contest or the award of prizes and the matters addressed above, including construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, (1) shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to any conflict of laws principles (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York; (2) SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, WHICH IS HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED; (3) shall be subject to mediation prior to the initiation of any proceeding, with each party to the mediation to bear his, her or its own attorney’s fees and costs for such mediation, and, if mediation is unsuccessful, shall be subject exclusively to final and binding arbitration under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) pursuant to its Commercial Arbitration Rules, with each party to the arbitration to bear his, her or its own attorney’s fees and costs for such arbitration; (4) shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees. Under no circumstances will entrant obtain awards for other than actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any), and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind (even if they Releasees have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages), costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, NO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF: IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S INVOLVEMENT IN THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY AND ENTERING TO WIN THE GIVEAWAY, PARTICIPANTS RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND MEDIAPLANET, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AS WELL AS THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR ANY INJURIES, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE GIVEAWAY OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR GIVEAWAY WON. EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT HE/SHE SHALL HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, DISTRIBUTION OR EXPLOITATION OF THE CONTEST OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTION OR PROJECT OF SPONSOR AND/OR MEDIAPLANET OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES.
DISCLAIMER FOR USE ON MARKETING MATERIAL
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE ODDS OF THE ENTRY WINNING. This promotion is independently overseen and conducted by Mediaplanet. This promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are living in the United States and the District of Columbia and who are at least 18 years of age. This promotion is void in Puerto Rico and where otherwise prohibited by law. The odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries submitted prior to each drawing. Winner is responsible for taxes associated with the Giveaway. For method of entry, please click here. For our Official Rules, please click here. For the Mediaplanet USA and Facebook Giveaway Privacy Policies, please click here.
In no case shall Sponsor and/or Mediaplanet their directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from the use of the Giveaway Product, or for any other claim related in any way to the use of the Giveaway Product.
Privacy Statement MP Group
Effective May 25, 2018
Your trust and privacy are important to us. This Privacy Statement explains how Mediaplanet´s group of companies (“MP Group,” “we”, “us” or “our”) collect, handle, store and protect personal information about you. Read more about who we are here. It also provides information about your rights and about how you can contact us if you have any questions about us or how we handle your personal information.
Who this applies to and what it covers
We may collect personal data electronically when you visit any website, application, including mobile application (“app”), product, software or service of ours (referred to as our “Services”) that hyperlinks to this Statement.
Depending on which of our Services are used, we may provide additional or different privacy statements or notices for specific interactions you have with us or to highlight how we use your personal data for specific Services. Where we do this, it will be clear which statements apply to which interactions and Services.
Within our Services, there may be links to third-party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the content or privacy compliance of third-party websites or applications. You should check those websites or applications for their privacy statements and terms that apply to them.
This Privacy Statement does not generally apply to individuals whose personal information forms part of the content included within our products.
Our products and services are not generally aimed at children under the age of thirteen (13). If we detect that personal data has been collected from a person under 13 years of age on or through our Services, we will take the appropriate steps to have this information deleted.
Who we are
MP Group is a global company consisting of numerous brands and legal entities. The legal entities are Mediaplanet Holding AB including all subsidiaries; N365 Group Holding AB, Appelberg Publishing Group AB and Mediaplanet International AB.
Sources of personal information
We collect personal information about you from your interactions with us and from certain third parties and other sources.
We obtain personal information from you:
- through your interactions with us and our Services, such as, when you purchase or use our Services, register for an event or a newsletter or you request information
- through your system/device and use of our Services. Our servers, logs and other technologies automatically collect system/device and usage information to help us administer, protect and improve our Services, analyse usage and improve users’ experience
- through cookies and similar technologies included on our Services. More information relating to cookies, and how to control their use can be found here, and information related to Interest-Based and Mobile Advertising can be found here
We also collect personal information about you from third parties such as:
- partners and service providers who work with us in relation to our Services
- publicly available sources such as public websites, open databases or other data in the public domain, to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance our Services
What types of personal information we may collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you are interacting with us and which Services you are purchasing or using.
In many cases, you can choose whether or not to provide us with personal information, but if you choose not to, you may not receive full functionality from the Services.
The personal information we collect varies with the Service provided and may consist of the following:
- Name and contact data, such as; first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data
- User content, such as; communications and files provided by you in relation to your use of the Services
- Payment information, such as; payment card number (credit or debit card), and the security code associated with your payment instrument, if you make a payment
- Device information, such as; information about your device, such as IP address, location or provider
- Usage information and browsing history, such as; information about how you navigate within our Services, your browsing history and which elements of our Services you use the most
- Location data, for Services with location-enhanced features
- Demographic information, such as; your country, and preferred language
How we use personal information
This section includes details of the purposes for which we use personal information and also the different legal grounds upon which we process that personal data. We use personal information to provide and improve our Services and for other purposes that are in our legitimate interests, as well as for compliance purposes. Further information is set out below.
Some laws require us to explain our lawful reason for processing your personal information. We process personal information about you on the basis that it is:
- necessary for the performance of a contract: where we have a contract with you, we will process your personal information in order to fulfil that contract (i.e., to provide you with Services)
- in our or a third parties’ legitimate interests: details of those legitimate interests are set out in more detail below (e.g., provision of Services that we are contractually obliged by a third party, such as your employer or our subscriber, to deliver to you)
- where you give us your consent: we only ask for your consent in relation to specific uses of personal information where we need to and, if we need it, we will collect it separately and make it clear that we are asking for consent
- for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g., to respond to a court order or a regulator)
You are welcome to contact us for further information about the legal grounds that we rely on in relation to any specific processing of your personal information.
How we share personal information
We share personal information within MP Group, with our business partners and third-party service providers and in accordance with law. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any purpose other than to provide services to us.
We share your information for the purposes set out in this Statement, with the following categories of recipients:
- MP Group Companies
- business partners with whom we deliver co-branded Services, provide content, or to host events, conferences and seminars
- third parties that help us deliver Services or act on our behalf
- third parties where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law (e.g., government agencies, law enforcement, courts and other public authorities)
- third parties in order to participate in, or be the subject of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructure, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), in which case we may disclose your personal data to prospective buyers, sellers, advisers or partners and your data may be a transferred asset in a business sale
- third parties where reasonably required to protect our rights, users, systems and Services (e.g., legal counsel and information security professionals)
- any person you have asked us to share information with (e.g., if you upload information into a public forum it is shared publicly)
To achieve the purposes above we may share your personal data with our sub-contractors for the necessary treatment on behalf of MP Group, in connection with, for example, printing, distribution and marketing. We might also process and transfer your data to other countries e.g. social networks and advertising networks.
For some Services we make decisions on how personal information is used in the context of a Service (MP Group is a controller of personal information in this case), and for other Services we will only use personal information as instructed by our customers (MP Group is a processor of personal information in this case).
MP Group is a global organisation and your personal information may be stored and processed outside of your home country, including in countries that may not offer the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country. We have measures in place to ensure that when your personal information is transferred internationally, it is subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with data protection laws.
MP Group has networks, databases, servers and systems around the world. We collaborate with third-parties like cloud hosting services, suppliers and technology support located around the world to serve the needs of our business, workforce and customers. We take appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is processed, secured and transferred according to applicable law. In some cases, we may need to disclose or transfer your personal information within MP Group or to third parties in areas outside of your home country, including to countries that have not been declared adequate for the purposes of data protection by the European Commission.
When we transfer personal information internationally, we put in place safeguards in accordance with applicable law (including Articles 44 to 50 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation). If you would like to know more about our data transfer practices, please contact our Data Protection Manager.
Our legitimate interests to collect and process your data is to maintain good customer relations, improve our products and services, administer our relationship with you, for marketing and in order to exercise our rights and responsibilities. More detailed information about these legitimate interests is set out below:
- to administer our relationship with you, our business and our third-party providers (e.g., to send invoices)
- to deliver and suggest tailored content such as news, research, reports and business information. We analyse the way you use our Services to make suggestions to you for features or Services that we believe you will also be interested in, and so that we can make our Services more user-friendly
- to personalise your experience with our Services. We may retain your browsing and usage information to make your interactions within our Services more relevant and use those insights to target advertising to you online on our websites and apps. Your choices in relation to marketing and advertising are explained here. We may sometimes share your personal information across our Services so that we can make all of the Services we deliver to you more intuitive
- to contact you in relation to, and conduct, surveys or polls you choose to take part in and to analyse the data collected for market research purposes
- to display information you choose to post, share, upload or make available in chat rooms, messaging services, and community and event forums (including in community and event profiles) and for related collaboration, peer connection, games and information exchange
- for internal research and development purposes and to improve, test and enhance the features and functions of our Services
- to provide you with marketing as permitted by law
- to meet our internal and external audit requirements, including our information security obligations
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety, networks and systems, or those of other persons
- for the prevention, detection or investigation of a crime or other breach of law or requirement, loss prevention or fraud
- to comply with requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, including where they are outside your country of residence
- in order to exercise our rights, and to defend ourselves from claims and to comply with laws and regulations that apply to us or third parties with whom we work
- in order to participate in, or be the subject of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructure, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
Where we rely on legitimate interests as a lawful ground for processing your personal information, we balance those interests against your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms. For more information on how this balancing exercise has been carried out, please contact our Data Protection Manager.
How we store your data and for how long
Your personal data is stored and used for the time you are actively involved with MP Group and for some time after which you can take advantage of the benefits of being a registered user.
Your information will not be used otherwise than to provide you with information and services from MP Group or third parties approved by us.
We retain your information in accordance with our enterprise records retention schedule. You can find more information on the criteria used to calculate the retention periods set out below:
- the length of time necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for
- when you cease to use our Services
- the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations
- any limitation periods within which claims might be made
- any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations
- the existence of any relevant proceedings
You may have rights under European and other laws to have access to your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase and restrict use of your personal information. You may also have rights to object to your personal information being used, to ask for the transfer of personal information you have made available to us and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information. Further information on how to exercise your rights is set out below.
We will honour your rights under applicable data protection laws. You have the following rights under European laws and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries:
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): The right to have certain personal information about you erased
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
- Right to opt out of marketing: You can manage your marketing preferences by unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us or by visiting the applicable preference centre
- Right to object: The right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our, or a third party’s, legitimate interests
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for the personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent
These rights are not absolute, and they do not always apply in all cases. In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why.
Marketing and Advertising
We contact, deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail and online. Where required by law, we will ask you to explicitly opt in to receive marketing from us. If we send you marketing communication, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these communications in the future.
Honouring your marketing preferences is important to us. You always have the right to opt out of receiving direct marketing and targeted online advertising.
How to Opt Out of Email Marketing
Where we send marketing emails and newsletters, we provide unsubscribe options for your use within those emails. To update your email marketing preferences, please visit the applicable email preference centre, a link to which will normally be included in emails you receive from us. In addition, you can also use the “Contact Us” feature of a particular Service.
Even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications by email, we may still send you service communications or important transactional information related to your accounts and subscriptions (for purposes such as providing customer support).
How to Opt Out of Web Notifications
Where the Services provide the option to allow push notifications to receive updates through your web browser, you need to opt out by revoking/disabling the notifications through your browser’s settings. These vary by browser, we recommend you follow the help guides provided by the browser.
Interest-based advertising (IBA)
Interest-based advertising (IBA) allows us to deliver targeted advertising to users of our Services. IBA works by showing you advertisements, or sending you marketing emails, that are based on the type of content you access or read. For example, as you browse our Services, cookies are placed on your device, that will be advertising cookies, so we can better understand what sort of pages or content you are interested in. The information collected about your device enables us to group you with other devices that have shown similar interests. We can then display advertising to categories of users that is based on common interests. For more information about IBA, please visit:
Opting out of IBA
If you want to opt out of receiving IBA, it does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using our Services. It just means that we will not use your personal data for IBA and that any advertising you see will not be customised to you. You can exercise your online advertising choices at http://optout.aboutads.info or by clicking the AdChoices icon in an ad and by following the instructions. You may also opt out of receiving IBAs from many sites through the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) Opt Out Tool (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices) and in the EU at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
If you delete cookies, and use a different device, or change web browser, you may need to opt out again.
Advertising on mobile devices
Mobile devices have an identifier that gives companies the ability to serve targeted ads to a specific mobile device. In many cases, you can turn off mobile device ad tracking or you can reset the advertising identifier at any time within your mobile device privacy settings. Another tool you can use to control advertising on your mobile device is the AppChoices App: http://youradchoices.com/appchoices.
You may also choose to turn off location tracking on your mobile device. If you turn off ad tracking or location tracking, we will no longer use information collected from your device’s advertising identifier for the purposes of advertising. You may still see the same number of ads, but they may be less relevant because they will not be based on your interests. Where we need your consent to gather information about your location, we will obtain this from you.
Cookies and similar technologies
What we need to collect
Data requested by your webbrowser
By analyzing the content your web browser requests, we can properly determine the correct content to serve you.
Content you open
By processing your requests, we provide a working experience by serve you images and text.
We display ads for everyone, independent of who they are.
With your consent, we may also collect
Personalized Ad Data
Ads tailored to the articles you read, making them more relevant and interesting to you.
By integrating with external sources, we can provide interactive elements such as videos and audio from our own sources, and social networks.
Social Media Interactions
Sharing and Caring
If we can interact with Facebook, Twitter and other sources we can easily allow you to share and discuss content with your friends.
What is a cookie and why we use them
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on a computer or other device and is used to identify the user or device and to collect information. Cookies are typically assigned to one of four categories, depending on their function and intended purpose: absolutely necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, and cookies for marketing purposes.
- Absolutely necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to move around a website and use its features. Without these cookies, Services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites. Information collected includes, for example, the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, the number of visits, average duration of visit, and pages viewed. These cookies only collect information in an aggregated format. Performance cookies are used to improve the user-friendliness of a website and enhance your experience.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as language preference, or the area or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other customizable parts of web pages. They may also be used to provide Services you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an ad and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations, such as advertisers.
You can manage website cookies in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended on the Services. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, you should refer to the relevant settings within your browser.
We understand that you may want to know more about cookies. Here are some useful resources that provide detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you can manage your cookie preferences: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please click below for detailed information on how to disable and delete cookies in some commonly used browsers:
We use certain other tracking technologies in addition to cookies:
- Local shared objects/Flash cookies: Flash cookies, also known as local shared objects, are designed to support browser content supported by Adobe® Flash. They are usually used to enable ads and video content on websites. Like other cookies, they will store information on your device, some of which will be specific to the Flash-enabled content. Flash cookies can only be deleted within Adobe Flash rather than via your browser. Please refer to the following help page for information on how to manage your privacy settings and how to delete Flash cookies:
- Web beacons: Our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs and transparent graphic images) that we use to help deliver cookies on our sites, count users who have visited those sites, deliver our Services, and analyse the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, for example. We may also include web beacons in our marketing email messages or newsletters to determine whether an email is opened or if links are clicked. Web beacons are also used to deliver you interest-based advertising.
server & application logs: Our servers automatically
collect certain information to help us administer and protect our
Services, analyse usage, and improve users’ experience. The information
- IP address and browser type
- Device information including Unique Device Identifier (UDID), MAC address, Identifier For Advertisers (IFA), and similar identifiers we or others may assign
- Device operating system and other technical facts
- The city, state, and country from which you access our website
- Pages visited and content viewed, stored, and purchased
- Information or text entered
- Links and buttons clicked
- URLs visited before and after you use our Services
“Do Not Track” Signals
Some browsers transmit Do Not Track (DNT) signals to websites. Due to the lack of a common interpretation of DNT signals throughout the industry, we do not currently alter, change, or respond to DNT requests or signals from these browsers. We continue to monitor industry activity in this area and reassess our DNT practices as necessary.
Some of our Services use browser technology in order to send you notifications. This is a technology that you opt-in to. This technology does not store any personal information about you. If you choose to opt-in to browser notifications, a setting is made in your browser that acknowledge that your browser is listening for notifications from those websites you have accepted notifications from and displays those notifications to you.
To opt-out, you revoke your opt-in setting in your browser settings. Depending on the browser, this setting can be found in different places.
Connecting via social networks
Some of our Services may include social networking features, such as the Facebook® “Like” button and widgets, “Share” buttons, and interactive mini-programs. Additionally, you may choose to use your own social networking logins from, for example, Facebook or LinkedIn®, to log into some of our Services.
If you choose to connect using a social networking or similar service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in and other information that you may choose to share when you connect with these Services. These Services may collect information such as the web pages you visited and IP addresses, and may set cookies to enable features to function properly.
We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to the third-party services you connect to, use, or access. If you do not want your personal information shared with your social media account provider or other users of the social media service, please do not connect your social media account with your account for the Services and do not participate in social sharing on the Services.
MP Group has implemented technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data, such as traceability, disaster recovery, access limitations and policies and guidelines in order to ensure that employees only access personal data on a need-to-know basis.
Mediaplanet International AB
Att: Data Protection Manager
Birger Jarlsgatan 43
111 45 Stockholm, SwedenMP Group may from time to time update this Privacy Statement, and when updates occur, we will promptly post notice of this on our websites.