Enjoy chamoy with all the benefits of SweetLeaf® stevia: zero calories, non-glycemic, and no aftertaste.
- 2 cups of hibiscus flower
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup pitted dates (you can substitute stevia drops to taste)
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4-6 Packets of Stevia Plus® OR A few drops of SweetLeaf® liquid stevia
- 3 tablespoons of Tajín
This chamoy recipe is very easy, and made without sugar!
- In a saucepan, place the hibiscus flower, dates, apricots, Stevia Plus® OR a few drops of SweetLeaf® liquid stevia, lemon juice, and Tajín in water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Pass the mixture to your processor or blender. Process until you have a homogeneous consistency.
- Taste and add more chili, lemon, or Stevia.
- If you want a thinner consistency, you can add a little water or a lot of lemon.
Dip or spread it on whatever you want: fruit, jicama, peanuts, cucumbers, or chips.